Makes 3 slices.
- 3 slices of brioche loaf;
- 2 eggs;
- Dash of milk (soy works) or if you’re feeling really naughty, cream;
- Pinch of salt;
- A cap-ful of vanilla;
- Sugar to taste (I usually put 1tsp);
- Butter (salted/unsalted/whatevs) for the pan.
- Mix the eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla together in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Put the frypan on lowish heat, melt a curl or two of butter.
- Dip a brioche slice into the egg mix. Don’t worry about soaking it through but be careful that the slice doesn’t fall apart. Brioche is weaker than regular bread.
- Fry until brown on both sides and puffed up.
- Repeat with more slices until the mixture is used up.
Enjoy on their own (they’re pretty rich) or with fresh sliced strawberries, blueberries, or fried banana and lightly dusted with icing sugar or drizzled with maple syrup.